I find AMD/ATI Radeon drivers hardly browsable on their site. I mean, okay the current version can somehow be downloaded (you need to first download a downloader program, then use it to try and grab the current Mobility Catalyst version), but it’s not exactly a smooth process, and the older versions are just nowhere to be found (for the mobility versions, at least – an archive of desktop Catalyst drivers is available from AMD there).
It wouldn’t be a big deal if newer versions worked always good, but the problem is, sometimes a new version breaks a thing or two. And in the case of laptops, this seems to be even more often the case.
So, for those who needs to get an older version, I’ll try to keep a
Megaupload MediaFire folder updated with the drivers I used. For the moment it contains:
- 10-8_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc (Mobility Catalyst 10.8 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 10-10_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc (Mobility Catalyst 10.10 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 10-11_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 10.11 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 10-12_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 10.12 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-1_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.1 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-2_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.2 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-3_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.3 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-4_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.4 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-5_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.5 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-6_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.6 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-7_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.7 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-8_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.8 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-9_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.9 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-10_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc (Mobility Catalyst 11.10 for Vista/Se7en x64) NB: I downloaded this one from a third party site, not directly from AMD (I missed it). I didn’t test it either.
- 11-11_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.11 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 11-12_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 11.12 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 12-1_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl (Mobility Catalyst 12.1 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 12-2_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc (Mobility Catalyst 12.2 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 12-3_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc (Mobility Catalyst 12.3 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 12-4_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc (Mobility Catalyst 12.4 for Vista/Se7en x64)
- 12-6_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc (Mobility Catalyst 12.6 for Vista/Se7en x64) (warning: worked TERRIBLY with my Radeon 5650 – I had to go back to 12.4)
- 13-1_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql (Mobility Catalyst 13.1 for Vista/Se7en/8 x64)
- 13-4_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql (Mobility Catalyst 13.4 for Vista/Se7en/8 x64)
- 13-9_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql (Mobility Catalyst 13.9 for Se7en/8 x64) NB: support for Vista was dropped there
- 13-12_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql (Mobility Catalyst 13.12 for Se7en/8 x64)
That’s right, I missed version 10.9. That’s pretty weird too, because that should have been the current drivers just when I got my laptop… Or maybe AMD skipped 10.9, it looks like I downloaded 10.8 in mid-October already.
Anyway, here’s again the link to the whole
megaupload folder ( FileSonic mirror) MediaFire folder.
Update (2011-01-29): added Catalyst 11.1
Update (2011-02-18): added Catalyst 11.2 + FileSonic mirror
Update (2011-04-02): added Catalyst 11.3
Update (2011-05-10): added Catalyst 11.4 and 11.5
Update (2011-07-02): added Catalyst 11.6
Update (2011-07-28): added Catalyst 11.7
Update (2011-09-03): added Catalyst 11.8 (on FileSonic only because MU uploader is down ATM)
Update (2011-09-08): mirrored Catalyst 11.8 on MU
Update (2011-10-02): added Catalyst 11.9, removed FileSonic mirror because the files there get removed too fast when there’s no downloads.
Update (2011-12-04): added Catalyst 11.10 and 11.11
Update (2011-12-31): added Catalyst 11.12
All those files were stolen by the FBI, and I don’t have the resources to host them myself (for more details see this post). So I’m sorry but this archive is discontinued, feel free to thank Obama and the US government…
For posterity, here are the former links to the files:
http://www.megaupload.com/?f=TT2Z8M6G (folder) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1I2M2QFW (10.8) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y7234J3S (10.10) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6ZUGB5SG (10.11) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z1DTSV4C (10.12) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZFLELCH2 (11.1) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9MOAQLXQ (11.2) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MF2W7YMM (11.3) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GJJARTN8 (11.4) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WM1BEHFH (11.5) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ULJF05ZX (11.6) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G8FD5OFH (11.7) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YY1RSZV3 (11.8) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31ZPA1UE (11.9) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I7FO4ATO (11.10) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DIPX28KJ (11.11) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T1DSHYML (11.12)
Turns out I had a copy of most of them somewhere. Reuploaded them to Mediafire… it took a while because their uploader seems pretty buggy… Here’s the folder. Also added Catalyst 12.1 in the process.
Update (2012-03-08): added Catalyst 12.2, which oddly enough was released only yesterday…
Update (2012-04-13): added Catalyst 12.3
Update (2012-05-09): added Catalyst 12.4
Update (2012-07-28): added Catalyst 12.6. Note that Catalyst 12.5 was never released.
Update (2012-12-10): no more updates (for now)
Well, as you may have noticed, I didn’t post any update here for a while. The reason behind this is that I believe updates ceased being interesting for my HD 5650, which is getting old and forgotten by the driver devs. About that, I noticed that someone seemed disappointed by my not giving more accurate details about the 12.6 chaos: well, I don’t remember the details, but the general idea was they rendered the computer _really_ unusable, something like secondary screen not working and primary screen forced into 640*480 or the like. So yeah, I thought “worked TERRIBLY” pretty much covered it Anyway, so I stopped updating my drivers hence it wasn’t really worth the time downloading them just to upload them (thank you stupid 2-steps download: first you grab the downloader, then you use it to actually download the driver), all the more so since MediaFire added space quotas (hurray :/).
A note of hope, however, is that I’m planning to get a new laptop some time (Eclipse 4.2 is painfully slow and something new with an SSD would probably help), and of course I’ll make sure I pick one with a Radeon
Update (2013-02-23): updating again
Well, I ended up changing my laptop, and the new one contains a much more recent 7970M, which works with the newest drivers… So I’m upgrading them again, and here is Catalyst for mobility cards, version 13.1.
Update (2014-02-15): reuploaded version 13.9, added version 13.12.