Skip to content

Flash player 12.x to 26.x for portable browsers (32 and 64 bits)

Skip to the download links if you’re too lazy to read or if you already know what you’re doing

Latest version for download here: 26.0.0.151 for Firefox and Chrome. Mirrors are available in article and/or in the latest comments. If this is out of date, don’t hesitate to bump me in comments, I don’t check for updates quite regularly.

Finally, about 2 years and a half after Flash 11, Adobe recently released Flash 12, and quite quickly later, Flash 13 to 16. I don’t think there’s anything major in this release, the previous version was 11.9.x and I guess they preferred 12.0.x rather than getting into 11.10.x and such. I have no idea about the changelog, although from previous experience on the 11.x branch, it’s probably mainly security and bug fixes. The Linux version was discontinued at version 11.2 (although they still update this one with security fixes, current version being 11.2.202.336, which you can grab there), so probably even Adobe see Flash’s end coming. Which will be a sad day for me too, because quite a few people land here thanks to it 😉 although much fewer lately because it seems Google hates me since last summer 🙁 (I guess I can say it now that the traffic coming from them shredded to the point it became almost negligible, so even if they bury me even more I shouldn’t feel much difference – for instance, yesterday’s traffic: Bing + Duckduckgo brought me half the traffic Google brought)

Anyway, the usual mentions:

1) If you’re planning to use this with Tor, you should also plan to say goodbye to IP anonymity (which I believe is the main reason for using Tor): Flash will connect without much regards for your Tor Browser proxy settings so it can leak your IP to someone willing to get it. Well, maybe there’s a way to make it safer, but seriously using browser plugins such as Java and Flash while trying to be anonymous is like trying to win a race while starting late on purpose.

2) To “install” it into your portable browser, grab the correct files (either 32 or 64 bits) and put it in the plugin folder (which you may need to create yourself), which is:

• Firefox Portable: Data/plugins + set plugins.load_appdir_plugins to true in about:config
  • Opera USB:
    • new version (Chromium based): [Opera install dir]\[Version number]\plugins\ (thanks Marcelo.ar and Kooky Tommy in the comments)
    • old version (12x): program/plugins
  • Iron or Chrome Portable: Iron/plugins

NB: as of today (2016-01-23), those instructions are probably quite outdated. I haven’t actually used portable Flash in years, you may want to browse the comments to find up-to-date instructions.
I’m pretty sure Flashplayer.xpt is useless, but I include it because it’s tiny and some people do look for it.
Also, I haven’t actually used any portable browser in a loooong while, so if those instructions are outdated, don’t hesitate to let me know (let’s beat the record number of comments set around Flash player 11 ;)).
Edit: okay this section is totally outdated for Chrome-based browsers now…

3) Last but not least, this is not a magic portable Flash, this is just a repack of the original Flash stuff to make it easier to “install” manually on a device where you don’t have admin rights. So, Flash will, as usual, store the infamous LSO (Local Shared Objects) “cookies” in a system location (in %APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player), and you’ll want to delete the stuff in there at the end of your session if you’re also concerned about not leaving tracks and not just about running Flash stuff.

Ok, now I shut up and here is the zip containing NPSWF32_26_0_0_151.dll, FlashPlayerPlugin_26_0_0_151.exe, NPSWF64_26_0_0_151.dll and flashplayer.xpt (the first 2 are the 32 bits version, the third is the 64 bits, and the last is here for, hm, decoration ^^) and now there is also, in the same package, the new Pepper Flash Player files for Chrome-based browsers (those “pepflashplayer” dlls). They are hosted primarily on Megabitload and Uploaded.to, which should keep a back up “indefinitely”, and on my server, where only the latest version is guaranteed to be maintained (the previous ones can usually be obtained with a trivial URL manipulation, but whenever I change hosting I drop the older versions, so no guarantee that this will always work). I will also try to upload them to demo2.ovh.net, because some people have reported issues (well, company filtering issues) connecting to the other 2 places, but they delete files after 30 days there, so obviously this will only be suitable for grabbing the latest release while it’s hot.

For developers, here is also the debug version 22.0.0.192 (yes, I don’t upload this one quite regularly because I guess not many people need it – if you do need a more recent debug version let me know).

Last but not least, courtesy from Kooky Tommy in the comments, some Flash ESR packages are available there via Dropbox

Older 20+ versions

Older 19.x versions

Older 18.x versions

Older 17.x versions

Older 16.x versions

Older 15.x versions

Older 14.x versions

Older 13.x versions

Older 12.x versions

Even older versions (<12)

Cf previous post, Flash player 11.9.900.170 for portable browsers (32 and 64 bits)

Original installers

Links to latest versions:
Firefox/Cyberfox and other NPAPI: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe
Chrome/Iron/Opera and other Pepper: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

Posted in Flash, portable software.

41 Responses

1. POI says

‘Tks for your continued effort. We all appreciate this.’
    More people than you know! A Million Thanks for this incredible work!!!!!!!!!!!

• David Dernoncourt says

Thanks 🙂
      Which reminds me, I still have to update the post with the latest download links (which are in the comments)

2. Salamandra says

First of all thanks for you effort.

Second, 24.0.0.221 is out. You requested to be bumped, so you are.

3. Dirk says

For your info: 25.0.0.127 is out…
    Tks for making it available to us!

4. user says

How to use in firefox 52 (no esr), plugins.load_appdir_plugins and “plugin.load_flash_only;false” not works.

In 51 Firefox was fine.

• user says

copy wrong version bit ;-; sorry.

• David Dernoncourt says

Oh ok, so you mean it worked in the end?
        Was a bit worried because AFAIK Firefox killed all NPAPI plugins but Flash in some recent version (possibly version 52), so I wondered if maybe they once again messed with Flash settings in the process.

5. Dirk says

Adobe just released 25.0.0.148…

6. Kooky Tommy says

Adobe just released 25.0.0.171…

7. Dirk says

I think you forgot to update the main download link at the top of the page…

8. Dirk says

26.0.0.126 is out…

9. Dirk says

The link at the top of the page has been overlooked… 😉

10. Dirk says

Adobe just released a bugfix, only days after their recent update.
    The flash player is now updated to version 26.0.0.131

11. Dirk says

The heat gets to us all! But then again the American president says that the climate change is all humbug; So we must be imagining things…

12. Dirk says

As from today it’s the new version 26.0.0.137 …

By the way, I love the way you give each participant on this blog a funny alien-looking icon!
    I’ve become particularly fond of mine – for some irrational, possibly very Freudian reason.

13. Dirk says

Thanks.

14. Dirk says

Could it be that you overlooked the link at the top of the page 😉

15. writtenmania says

I desperately need the 22.0.0.192 debug version
    don;t know how to extract it from the executable

I’d be very grateful if you extract and upload the debug version

• David Dernoncourt says

To my knowledge, there is no way to “extract” it, what I do is I install it then grab the files from the installation folders. I’ll try to do it when I find the time, how come you’re using such an outdated version for debugging purposes? 😮

• writtenmania says

Hey, thanks I’ll try that though I try to avoid installing adobe flash as much as possible.
        that version 22.0.0.192 works best for pentium 4- non multi-core processors. All versions post 22 causes the player to become jerky especially with certain animations, it might also be the graphic card I’m not entirely sure but I tend to think it’s the processor… tested on 2 machines both with pentium 4 but with icore3 machine the animation playback is smooth. I don’t know what adobe did after that version… it could be a bug or just better support for multicores and ignoring how that might effect old p4s, I did report that but as expected it fell on deaf ears and there was no response, they probably don’t even have p4 machines to test.

• writtenmania says

Forgot to mention another thing, the reason actually why I think it’s more of p4 support than graphics card is an alarming CPU spike with certain animations versions 23-26 that does not happen with 22.192 . With a certain animation the spike was so bad it almost overheated, all those problems don’t exist on 22

16. Dieter says

Hello!
    26.0.0.151 new version is published.
    Thanks for updating

17. Dirk says

I have never experienced the downloadlink at https://img.patheticcockroach.com as particularly slow.

To be honest, when I download the new flash version from there, I don’t click on the link but I use the right mouse button to download the file directly. That works very smoothly and fairly fast.

And I have never encountered any captchas…
    Unless of course when I post a comment.

1 2 3 4

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Please solve the CAPTCHA below in order to fight spamWordPress CAPTCHA