Skip to content


[Titanium] Solving an early build failure

I believe this error message is quite standard at the end of a failed build in Titanium:
[ERROR] Application Installer abnormal process termination. Process exit value was 1

A probably rarer sight is when this occurs very early in the build, when few to none previous build messages are available to provide any clue on what the heck is happening. I had one of those lately, a failed build after just one single, unhelpful message, with a complete log consisting of just:
Titanium Command-Line Interface, CLI version 3.4.0, Titanium SDK version 3.4.0.GA
Copyright (c) 2012-2014, Appcelerator, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Please report bugs to http://jira.appcelerator.org/
[INFO] : Found Titanium module id=ti.draggable version=1.0 platform=android deploy-type=test path=D:\PROG\PROGRAMMING\xxxxx\modules\android\ti.draggable\1.0
[ERROR] Application Installer abnormal process termination. Process exit value was 1

So I just searched for any possible solution, and gladly the first suggestion I found was a good one: simply delete the whole “build” folder, so as to recompile a whole new build from scratch (some corrupted temporary build file(s) I guess). Deleting the build folder, however, turned out to be quite a pain: I had permissions issue, Windows telling me I should be an administrator to delete that folder, even though I was one. I ended up booting to Linux just to delete that nasty folder (if you don’t have a dual boot, I guess you just won a live DVD ;)), but it worked, and so did the compilation.

Source, with additional possible fixes (although some of those were given as a solution to much more verbose build logs) is here: http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/142108/error-application-installer-abnormal-process-termination-process-exit-value-was-1

Edit a few hours later: Titanium really has a lot of potential generating such shitty errors. Another common sight is "build\android\build-manifest.json does not exist in Titanium Studio". Same kind of mess, same kind of fix. Note that another option is to use Project → Clean, but for me it didn’t work because that Titanium idiot somehow managed to create a file (I think that was build\android\assets\app.js) that it’s not able to delete itself. Even more options are presented in this stackoverflow post. Good luck, we all need it with those massively stochastic errors :s

Posted in programming.

Tagged with .


0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.



Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Please solve the CAPTCHA below in order to fight spamWordPress CAPTCHA